The interdependence between the Internet and technology has created a vertical segment of cyber threats. Along with technology, the sophistication of threats associated with it also keeps evolving with time. Traditional security measures such as Antivirus, Firewall, IDS, IPS, etc., alone are not enough to effectively respond to today’s cyber threats anymore. There was a time when cybersecurity only meant protection from “hacking” and “defacements”. Looking at the events which have unfolded in the last 5 years, it is clear that these terms are now being replaced with newer and more polished ones such as “Cyber Crime”, “Espionage/APTs”, and “Hacktivism”. Further, the focus has been shifted more towards “Motivation” and “Attribution” instead of just firewall rules.
Cyber Threat Intelligence is a complex subject which enables security ninjas to venture into the “unknowns” and convert them into the “knowns”. The program focuses more on knowing about an adversary, their tools, and their methods (TTP). With its help, any organization can build Intelligence-led security programs, where the intelligence gathered on the field about the adversary leads to security decisions and investments.
This training program builds a solid foundation towards understanding various aspects of Cyber Threat Intelligence and provides a quick kick start towards targeted and result-oriented threat research.
Best Suited For
- Students, Incident Response Team Members
- Security Operations Center Personnel and Information Security Practitioners
- Experienced Digital Forensic Analysts
- Law Enforcement Officials
- Anyone who is keen on understanding this domain.
- Anyone who has experience in incident response and information security techniques OR Students who have real world experience with incident response techniques and are comfortable with Linux can expect to succeed in this course.