USERNAMES AND POSTINGS
Comments or other information posted by you on our forums, wikis or other areas of the Site designed for public communications or communications amongst the registered class members may be viewed and downloaded by others who visit the Site. For this reason, we encourage you to use discretion in deciding whether or not to post any information that can be used for identification purpose on those forums (or other public or class-wide areas).
CONSENT OF PROCESSING OUTSIDE HOME COUNTRY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect information, including Personal Information (described above), when you sign up for a user account, participate in online courses, send us email messages and/or participate in our public forums. We also collect certain usage information about student performance and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information indicating, among other things, which of our Sites were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used. We may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
USE AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information:
- The third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential
manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and
- We will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party
to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection. Among other things, we may use the information about you collected through the Site (including your Personal Information) in connection with the following:
- To enable us to provide, administer, and improve the courses.
- To help us improve Quick Heal Academy offerings, both individually and in aggregate.
- Further, to individualize the experience, evaluate the access and use of the Site and the
impact of Quick Heal Academy on the worldwide educational community.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific course content and/or services you select.
- To track both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of an online
course, and to analyse statistics on student performance and how students learn.
- To monitor and detect violations of the Terms of Service, as well as other misuses and
potential misuses of the Site.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about Quick Heal Academy access, use, impact, and student performance.
- To send you updates about the online courses offered by us or other events, about our products or services, that may be of interest to you, or email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems,
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- To authenticate your identity when you register for a paid certificate.
- To process refunds, as applicable.
USE FOR PERSONALIZATION AND PEDAGOGICAL IMPROVEMENTS
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
- Physical safeguards, with locked doors, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your information.
- Technology safeguards, like the use of Quick Heal anti-virus and endpoint security software, and monitoring of our systems and data-centres to ensure that they comply with our security policies.
- Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect Your Information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of Your Information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Quick Heal Academy has a program designed to protect personal information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information that it creates, receives, maintains, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Material featured on this Site may be reproduced free of charge after taking prior permission by sending a mail to us. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the departments/copyright holders concerned.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the information we maintain about you, please contact us at [email protected]
Note: We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Hence it is suggested that you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.